Sunday, August 12, 2012

Maybe Trinity Anglican?


How many different weeks and churches does it take until you know you’ve found the right one?

I attended Trinity Anglican Mission today in northern Atlanta.  In brief, first, they love Jesus, and second, they love the city.  They have four values which they celebrate as a church: submission to God, to Scripture, and to each other; integration within relationships and within one’s life; contemplation as a practice of faithful living; and the reality of the Incarnation in all things.  Finally, Trinity celebrates three historic streams as part of its Anglican heritage: the liturgical, the evangelical, and the charismatic.

As I listened at the new-comers meeting, in so many ways I heard the echoes of my Fellows year reverberating in my heart sensing that just maybe this community would understand where I’ve come from and what I’ve learned this past year.  I pray that, as always, God would give me discernment in finding the right church.

No comments:

Post a Comment